Faith Christian School offers many discounts and scholarships. Contact the school at 480.833.1983 to schedule a tour and see what discounts or scholarships your child may be eligible for!
Scholarship Funding Program (SFP)
Faith Christian School has partnered with the Higher Education Student Tuition Organization (HESTO) to help families fully fund their tuition through the Arizona Tax Credit program.
Six K4 students will receive FREE tuition for the 2016-2017 school year by committing to and completing the steps of the HESTO Scholarship Funding Plan (SFP):
- Meet with HESTO individually during the first 2 weeks of the school year to discuss the program
- Attend 3 additional group meetings throughout the year to receive training on asking for Tax Credit donations
- Attempt to obtain 10 donation units (approx. $10,000) to be placed in a legacy fund to scholarship other FCS families
Families that remain in the program through the duration of their child’s schooling (K5-12th grade) will have NO tuition liability for the child’s K5 and 12th grade year, beyond what is raised through the tax credit program.
Families enrolling their child in the K5 Kindergarten program may also commit to the SFP and receive the NO tuition liability benefit.
Tuition Tax Credit Program
We in the State of Arizona are blessed with the Tuition Tax Credit program to help parents afford sending their children to Christian Schools.
- This program allows a tax payer to designate their tax dollars toward the tuition cost of students at Christian schools. The taxpayer does this by sending the amount desired to one of many School Tuition Organizations (STOs — see list below). 90% of the money is then used by the STO to scholarship students.
- The tax payer may choose to recommend a specific student for whom the money is to be used (taxpayer’s own dependent is not eligible). The taxpayer may also choose to recommend a specific school which provides general scholarships to multiple students attending that school, or in general, where the STO decides who to apply the funds to.
2016 Tax Credit Maximums (donations made through 4/15/17 are eligible for this credit)
Original Individual Tax Credit
Single Taxpayers – $545
Married Filing Jointly – $1,090
Overflow/PLUS Tax Credit
Single Taxpayers – $542
Married Filing Jointly – $1,083
Notice: A school tuition organization cannot award, restrict or reserve scholarships solely on the basis of a donor’s recommendation. A taxpayer may not claim a tax credit if the taxpayer agrees to swap donations with another taxpayer to benefit either taxpayer’s own dependent.
When you file your taxes, you will receive a tax credit for every dollar you sent to the STO. Thus it is a no cost opportunity for tax payers to help fund students in Christian Schools.
How to participate in the program through giving:
As a taxpayer in the State of Arizona, we encourage you to use this option to the fullest extent available. Take advantage of this great opportunity to donate what you would otherwise owe in State income taxes. A person may claim a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for their donation. If you are not sure who to recommend, we encourage you to recommend Faith Christian School. This will provide a scholarship fund that will benefit many students who would not otherwise be able to attend a Christian school. Please contact the school for a brochure or contact one of the STOs below for steps to becoming a participant.
How to receive funds through the program:
If you desire to seek help from this program to pay for a portion of the tuition costs, you must first complete an application at one or more of the STOs. The information they require may vary. They will award scholarships based upon a number of factors including funds available and level of need. If you want others to recommend your child and most likely be the recipient of these funds, ask friends or family members to make a payment to the STO of your choosing and recommend your child as the beneficiary. Forms for you to use are available from Faith or from the STO.
Tuition Tax Credit Organizations: