FCS is a non-denominational school founded in 1988 serving Christian families of the East Valley. FCS operates with delegated parental authority to raise up disciples of Jesus Christ using a distinctively Christian Education from a historic reformed perspective.
Our commitment is to challenge students to grow as Christian servant-leaders and to take their place as responsible members of the Kingdom of God by training the whole child to their highest academic, social, physical, creative, and spiritual potential.
Statement of Faith
We Believe In:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy; and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- One God who exists eternally in three Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit;
- Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh; His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory;
- The salvation of lost and sinful man through the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith apart from works and regeneration by the Holy Spirit;
- The Holy Spirit who dwells in the believer, enabling him to live a holy life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ;
- The unity in the spirit of all true believers, the Church – The Body of Christ;
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and that they are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
While FCS strives for unity as a body of believers, we realize there are some critical issues that are foundational to the mission and values of the school. These issues are outlined below:
Faith Christian School takes a Biblically-determined, unqualified position in opposition to:
- Abortion (Ex 20:13, Lev 18:21)
- Adultery (Ex 20:14)
- Drunkenness (Eph 5:18)
- Gender Re-definition (Gen. 1:27)
- Homosexuality (Rom 1:26, 27, Lev 18:22)
- Pornography (Ps 101:3a, Job 31:1)
- Premarital sex (I Thes 4:3)
Each of these are based upon the clear teaching of scripture and will be held without compromise.
- Legal Drugs (tobacco and alcoholic beverages) – There does not appear to be a clear Biblical direction regarding the use of tobacco and alcoholic beverages except in the case of drunkenness. However, inasmuch as our current society has experienced serious health and socioeconomic problems relating to the use of both, we would discourage the use of either.
- Euthanasia – There is a wide variance of definition of the term euthanasia. The definition which FCS would take a stand against would be the willful act of inducing or speeding up the death process of a human life.
- Divorce – The Bible teaches that it is clearly God’s intent that a man and woman would be married only to each other for a lifetime. There are, however, different interpretations of the Biblical reasons for divorce and God’s view of the same. Therefore the issue may be referred back to the individual home and church to be resolved Biblically.
The school takes no position relative to the following issues:
- Speaking in tongues
- Form of Baptism
- The church and politics
- Political endorsements
“No position” is defined as viewing an issue to be nonessential to salvation but which has much variance among Christian Evangelical groups as they interpret scripture. Therefore, any formal discussion would be referred back to the home and church for that individual to determining for him or herself. This would not prevent an individual, if asked, from giving his or her personal point of view.